Being a nicer person doesn't make you a better person - but damn it, I can't say I haven't been trying. I don't like being mean. I don't like people thinking I'm going to murder them if they do something wrong. I don't want to be scary. I want people to like me for who I am.
I always told myself I would never pretend to be someone I wasn't - but that's what I've been doing all along. I keep trying to make myself happy, but I think the only way for me to truly accomplish that is to make others happy. That's what puts a smile on my face. Making people laugh, helping them, or even making someone feel better about themselves - I truly love that. So I'm resolving to be a nicer person, and a better one as well. And I'm doing this for myself, but I'm also doing this for everyone else.
I am still sarcastic, I am still short-tempered, and I still think in the same sometimes-twisted-and-obscure way, but I am no longer faking anything. Lying never got me anywhere. The truth is all I have left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Being a nicer person doesn't make you a better person
ReplyDelete-.- really...