Sunday, March 28, 2010
Insanity in its many forms
Most of my family is partially insane. Not severely, I don't think. But enough to be diagnosable and noticeable under close inspection. So I guess you could say it didn't come as much of a shock when I realized a lot of the things I do are not particularly normal. But what would be considered normal anyway? Is normal a definition in a dictionary? Or is it defined by society? Is normal something we create? Or do others create it for us? I can say I'm normal, but maybe my normal is someone elses' lunacy.
Labels:
crazy,
definitions,
lunacy,
lunatics,
mental disorders,
normal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

heh, normal is something we create, yes. but we started it a (so to say) loooonnnggg while ago. so now if you wonder, hey what if i change this normal and BE the new normal then... you'll be considered a lunatic. why? because that normal has probably been around for atleast a couple of centuries.
ReplyDelete