So when I want something I can't have - I deal with it. Usually. Unless I want this something so bad that I'll go to great lengths to get it, I'll usually give it up without making a huge fuss. Oddly enough, I can't even tell if I'll be able to give this new something up so easily this time.
I wish to, though. I want to grab a big, shiny hypothetical pair of scissors and stab away at all the cumbersome emotions that only make me vulnerable. Emotions are such a confusing concept. They can make humans act stupidly, irrationally, or even dangerously. But they're also what fuels the will to live. Just imagine - if only for a moment - a world without emotions.
What would become of the human race? Would we all go insane and run around like mindless animated corpses? Perhaps that is so. Would we even be human anymore? Is that what emotions are there for - to keep us human? What an interesting thought. Who knows? I will never have the answer to that question. No matter how much experience you gain in life, you will never find a suitable answer.
It is impossible to measure human emotion, and therefore, it is impossible to measure how much I really care about this very something, and how long it will last.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Truthfully. I never understand what you're saying. "Is that what emotions are there for - to keep as human?" I'm pretty sure that the 'as' is supposed to be 'us'. =]
ReplyDeleteI didn't expect you to understand anything. In fact, you're not supposed to understand it. I wrote it like that for a reason.
ReplyDeleteAnd good proof-reading skills.
^__^
I think our generation thinks way too much above the norm.
ReplyDeleteWell, the 'expected' need of us to think.
and wouldn't it somewhat feel like being in Jonas's community?
I like commenting on your stuff cause I always have something to say to it :D... usually that is..
Doesn't this journal entry kind of connect to yours?
ReplyDeleteyea it kinda does
ReplyDeletebut i skimmed through this one and i didnt realize the last mini-paragraph much
o.O